Monday 31 May 2010

Powell positive about League switch

WALES Rugby Union international Andy Powell has fuelled speculation surrounding his alleged desire switch codes and join the Crusaders by admitting that he’d “love to play League”.
The 28-year-old has been named in the Wales team to face South Africa this summer, but still harbours a desire to try his hand in Super League.
"I've been up to Wrexham a few times to watch Alfie (Gareth Thomas) play and he's really enjoying himself,” said Powell.
"League is about getting the ball* in hand and it's a straight-on game that matches my style.
"As a kid I always followed league and I also played it - around under-14 level. It's something I'd like to do. I'm sure I will do it - at some point in the next year or so.” continued Powell, on the move that would see him re-united with former Cardiff Blues team-mate Thomas.
Powell has been capped 12 times for his country. and has also played in the Guiness Premiership with Leicester Tigers.
He was stepped-down from International duty earlier this year, after being arrested for stealing and driving a golf buggy while intoxicated, following Wales’ last-minute Six Nations victory over Scotland.
He is represented by Emmanuel Palarino, who played a major role in securing Thomas’ switch to League.

No comments:

Post a Comment